How do I manage forks in Stash?

Aleksey Maksimov September 9, 2013

Hi,

I know that some users created forks of repositories, but there is no way for admin to find out which repos are forked and there is no way to find who forked what.

The reason that I want to do that is that I may want to purge or archive abandoned/stale forks.

It would be nice to have a view on forks.

Thanks!

Aleksey Maksimov

1 answer

1 vote
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2013

Stash currently does not have a view that show the forks of a repository, but there are still a few ways you can see the forks for a given repository.

There's a REST endpoint you can use:

GET /rest/api/latest/projects/PROJECT_KEY/repos/repo_slug/forks

The same endpoint is used in the repository selector in the dropdowns in the 'Create Pull Request' dialogue.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Michael

Larry Shatzer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2014

Do you plan on adding a "Forks" tab like "Branches" in the future? I've got a very simplistic plugin that does this, but lacks some features and polish, and wanted to know if this was a planned feature to Stash.

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2014

Hi Larry,

You might be interested in voting for:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-3531

I suspect it will happen, but it's not on our immediately roadmap.

Charles

Eric December 10, 2014

@Larry Shatzer Do you have a link to said (fork display) plugin? Any chance it's open source? Was considering writing my own, but if one is already out there, no reason in duplicating.

Larry Shatzer
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2014

It's not public, nor has it been updated or tested with anything past 2.12 version of Stash. So I'm not even sure it would work any more.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events