Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I link Bitbucket Cloud to Fisheye/Crucible?

Ryan Brown February 24, 2016

I can't find any documentation about how to link together a Bitbucket Cloud and Fisheye/Crucible Server setup. I have an existing Bitbucket Cloud setup with multiple existing repositories. I need to add these repositories to a new Fisheye/Crucible Server install. 

Trying to link from the Bitbucket side requests a Crucible URL (which I provide), and a Review Key (which doesn't exist.)

Trying to link from the Crucible/Fisheye side requests an Application URL. I provide the Bitbucket Cloud url (https://bitbucket.org/MyAccountName), but I'm then told that there's no response from that URL.

What am I missing?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ben Stuart
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2018

Just to clear things up, there is no integration specific to Bitbucket Cloud with Crucible, but you can connect Crucible to Bitbucket by adding a repo to Crucible. After entering information for the newly added repo, you will be prompted to enter your Bitbucket repo link to connect to the repo on Crucible. Once connected, you should be able to see the activity stream showing recent commit messages for the repository on the dashboard. More on this here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/crucible/setting-up-a-git-repository-in-crucible-298977505.html

Peter March 30, 2018

Will such integration be added at some point in the future?

Ben Stuart
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2018

Hey Peter, we currently don't have any plans to integrate  that I'm aware of. Feel free to raise a feature request about what kinds of integration you would like at https://jira.atlassian.com. :)

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2016

Can you just use the Pull Requests feature of Bitbucket for reviews/source view?

Ryan Brown February 26, 2016

If that were the case, why would Crucible exist?

Pull requests allow for code reviews at the feature level. They only allow developers to review code that is ostensibly 100% ready for a merge/deployment. That's not nearly granular enough. We need to be able to review a small number of logically similar commits.

For example, I may have one commit that only has code cleanup and touches a large number of lines, but doesn't change any of the underlying logic. I may also have a commit that only touches 3 lines in a file, but those lines change the entire program flow. If those commits are forced to be squished together as a single Pull Request, it's much more likely that the important change will be missed.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2016

My first point here is to minimize the number of dependency for a feature that is already existing.

I'm not sure what do you mean that PRs are 100% ready for merge/deployment, that's not the case for the several Bitbucket projects that I support. PRs are supposed to be reviewed first and can be rejected/approved and it does not matter how many commits are there, all commits must be reviewed and all of those can be done via PRs.

My second point is, all of these are just the same if you are using Crucible. I do not see any reason why Crucible Review is more granular than a BB PR maybe you have a different setup in mind that I am missing smile

Lastly, I'm not exactly sure if BB Cloud can be integrated with Crucible locally. We are using BB Server.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events