Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find out the bitbucket team owner email address?

Daniel Barvitsky December 13, 2017

The situation:

• I am a contractor.
  • Historically, I have admin rights to a repository on Bitbucket.
  • The repository is under a team that belongs to the company I work for.
  • The team is maxed out on user accounts, and cannot add new people. I get "'UserProfile' object has no attribute 'profile'", looks like BitBucket Issue #15312)
  • The company can't recall which email they used for creating the team (?!!! yeah, exactly).

I have a lot of things set up, including Jenkins CI, that are dependent on the repository and don't want to transfer or fork it, if at all possible.

I wonder if there is any way to recover the email associated with the team account? Or is it lost forever?

2 answers

0 votes
marco.moscatiello May 21, 2020

i have the same issue. We cannot figure out who is the owner of the bitbucket account. The owner probably left few years ago and how to find out who is the person ? how we can get ownership of the account?

Marco Brondani June 17, 2020

I solved it from the Audit Log history where I found the name of the person who did invite the first administrators, then finding the email was easy from the company records.

Like marco.moscatiello likes this
0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2017

Hi Daniil! Team accounts no longer have email addresses associated to them, instead individual users use their email addresses to access the team. In this case you'll need to figure out who is (or are) the admin of the team, and this person will be able to do the changes and increase the plan if necessary. 

Do you think it will be possible for you to find that?

Let us know if you need any help :)

Best regards,

Ana

sunny patel March 19, 2018

Hello Ana,

I have some kind of same issue with Daniil. I am not sure by whom team is created. Is there any way I can figure out email ID who created team so I can contact get some task done??

thanks,

sunny

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events