Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I export projects from Bitbucket to JIRA cloud?

Andrea Greggo June 19, 2017

I am trying to find a clean way to pull bitbucket projects into JIRA. I found this article which points to a plug-in that seems to do exactly what I want - https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/importing-data-from-bitbucket-802592902.html

However, when I go to install the plug-in in JIRA, I only get the option to add it via a URL vs. the upload option shown in the instructions. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? Any idea if there is a better way to do this?

Thanks,

Andrea

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2017

Ciao Andrea,

The documentation page you have linked is for JIRA Server and it does not apply to JIRA Cloud. 

The correct documentation page for JIRA Cloud is the below one:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/importing-data-from-bitbucket-803604051.html

Best Regards,
Dario
Atlassian Cloud Support

Andrea Greggo June 20, 2017

Thank you. That worked!!

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2017

You are very welcome Andrea. 

Please mark the questions as "Solved" :) 

Buona giornata,
Dario

Andrea Greggo August 8, 2017

Hi Dario.

It appears that the bitbucket import process in JIRA has changed. Under system there is no longer a bitbucket import option. If I select external import I can see csv, Trello but not bitbucket. Are there updated instructions somewhere?

Thanks,

Andrea

Dario B
Atlassian Team
August 9, 2017

From Migrating from other issue trackers documentation page:

Please note that we no longer support third-party importers. We recommend exporting data to a CSV (comma-separated value) file, so you can use JIRA's CSV importer to complete your migration. Check out the step-by-step import process here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events