Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I deploy sourcetree to my users without expecting them to all create a atlassian account?

Tim Piessens January 18, 2018

We're using Confluence and Jira at the company.

Some users want to use sourcetree.

Users are not allowed to install software. A system administrator needs to deploy it to the computers who need it.

We currently do not use bitbucket, but a local gitserver.

I always prefer silent or at least unattended installation, but I don't manage to install source tree on the Windows workstations (using filewave for deployment) because it requires an atlassian account.

Is there no user-friendly way to deploy sourcetree to windows workstations in an enterprise, without the need for an atlassian account for each user?

Thank you for all info and directions!

2 answers

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2018

Hi Tim! At the moment, that is not possible. Silent installations are not available and users require an Atlassian account to register the product.

The team announced that they're working on creating an MSI for Sourcetree for Windows, however, we don't have an ETA for this yet.

We're tracking feedback for this feature at SRCTREEWIN-6935. Feel free to vote for it or add your comment, you can also watch the ticket to receive further updates.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Ana

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2018

Hi Tim,

we had the same problem in our company and no, there is no way. Even if there would be a technical workaround for that, you would violate the license agreements.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events