How do I allow multiple users to access my repository via SSH?

johnbalzac November 23, 2012

Hi I have been trying to figure out how to allow multiple users (my work colleagues) to access my repository (via git) using SSH authentication.

Maybe I am missing a step, but I honestly can’t figure it out for the life of me.

I have one bitbucket (repository) account I own, I would like to grant write access to 3 other individuals via SSH. So that when they use Git gui all they have to do is put in the simple password and the changes can be made to whatever part they are working on, is this such a difficult task? I’ve been trying for a week now and can’t figure it out!

Any help will be appreciated!

Much thanks,

-John M. Balzac

crypxtic@gmail.com

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
TimP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2012

Hi John,

The best way to implement what you're describing is to:

1. Get your three collaborators to sign up for BitBucket accounts and upload their public SSH keys.
  2. Assign each of their accounts 'WRITE' privileges for your repository in the Access Management section of the repository administration console.

And that's it! They should now be able to push changes directly to your repository over SSH.

cheers,

Tim

johnbalzac November 25, 2012

It's strange that I was struggling with this for so long! The solution was so simple... I think the problem I was running into was that I wasn't adding the SSH keys to MY account, but the repository as a Deploy Key. Didn't really learn the difference till a few days ago.

Appreciate your help Tim , you rock!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events