• Community
  • Products
  • Bitbucket
  • Questions
  • How can we stop people merging without a code review? They should be forced to fork and push to their fork and only approved changes from the fork merged. They flow should be the same for everyone. anyone pushes, anyone else reviews.

How can we stop people merging without a code review? They should be forced to fork and push to their fork and only approved changes from the fork merged. They flow should be the same for everyone. anyone pushes, anyone else reviews.

tim dugan December 8, 2015

Stash...

This seems like a big hole in how the review approval process works.

we've seen people accidently clone the main repo instead of their fork.  Their pushes go straight in, no review.

how do we prevent this? 

Sorry, for topic I didn't see git/stash anywhere.  Don't know what topic to add.

to the guy who answered...I can't reply to your reply...

can you be more specific?

we already require that PRs have a reviewer approve it.

but that doesn't stop someone from going in the back door.

Where do you set such permissions?  I don't see anything in the GUI

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2015

In the branch permissions, you can add a permission to prevent changes without a pull request. This would force users to create a pull request from the fork instead of check in directly to the main repo.

PS: For the topic, select bitbucket-server.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events