Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i prevent a user to include approvers in a Pull Request

Bruno Araujo May 13, 2015

In our workflow some user are added as default approvers when a Pull Request is openned.

As mentioned in the STASH docs that any user with write permition can approve a PR. I want to prevent the user to add any approver to the PR. Is that possible?

2 answers

1 vote
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2015

I'm not sure there's a way to prevent a user from adding reviewers to a Pull Request, but you can restrict who can "merge" the Pull Request using branch permissions - only users with write permission on that branch can merge.  Note that "merging" a Pull Request is fundamentally different than "approving" a Pull Request ("approving" just indicates a thumbs-up without any real impact)

0 votes
Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesDev_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2015

Users with repository READ permissions can be added as reviewers. Are you requesting to block adding any reviewer to a Pull Request or only selected users? Do these selected users need to see the repository?

Bruno Araujo May 15, 2015

I'm using a addon (workzone) that already include the reviewer in the PR and we use that in our workflow. If the user include any other repository user to the PR it can approve and the merge gets automaticly done (addon stuff). To keep using this addon, and doing merge automaticly, no other reviewer can participate the PR other then those added by the addon.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events