Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i allow my access of repositories only for particular ip in bit bucket?

Saleha patel July 26, 2019

I want to use Bit bucket as my version control and i am new to it. I want to access my repositories to user only in specific ips. I have seen the access control feature of  bit bucket but not sure how to use it? Can anyone explain it? 

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2019

Hi Saleha, welcome to the Community!

The response to your question will differ depending on if you're using Bitbucket Server or Bitbucket Cloud.

In Bitbucket Server you control all network details. If you'd like to restrict the IPs where your users can access from, you could use a firewall for example.

In Bitbucket Cloud you'll be able to restrict IPs as part of our Premium offering. You can require that users with access to private content are only able to see the content from certain IP addresses. If they aren't accessing from a whitelisted IP address, users will see a message explaining why they have no access and they won't be able to clone, push, or pull a private repository either. To learn more about this feature you can read Bitbucket Cloud Premium.

Note that if you're not on the Premium plan, this feature won't be available.

Hope that explains, Saleha. Let us know if you have any further question and we'll be happy to help.

Best regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events