How can I see all of a user's recent activity in Bitbucket?

Eric Christenson September 25, 2017

Bitbucket has a "Recent activity" feed for each user. Is it possible to see all the activity for a user?

4 answers

19 votes
pixelbath January 6, 2020

The short answer is no. You cannot view any sort of aggregated activity log for Bitbucket users as of this writing.

The answer given by Ana Retamal is misleading because she appears to be talking about when you're able to see the last commit for individual files in a public repository, which is not what is being asked for.

To be clear, this is what we want:

github-activity.png

jlcanepa February 12, 2020

Thanks @pixelbath

I would also like this feature in Bitbucket.

Like # people like this
carreraSilvio March 8, 2020

Any news on this? I'd like to see this feature as well.

Like # people like this
s_frontend March 26, 2020

Hope, the Bitbucket team adds this functionality? Elementally monitor their performance and activity.

It would be cool to compare the activity of commits and pull requests with your team.

Like # people like this
Intellectual Apps November 1, 2021

We need this feature please. 

Like # people like this
Dave Pascua November 2, 2021

I've created a feature request: [BCLOUD-21455] Show a log of a user's activity

The request points back to this discussion.

Please upvote if you will.

Like # people like this
Intellectual Apps November 3, 2021

Upvoted!

Like # people like this
Walter Davies February 2, 2022

This is part of the whole "enterprise" part of what we expected to be paying for with our Premium subscription. The inability to produce administrative reports from Bitbucket is yet another seriously lacking feature. 

Like # people like this
Walter Davies February 2, 2022

Upvoted https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-21455

Currently only at 28 votes. Please support this! 

Like Neeraj Prasad Dev likes this
Tim Kras April 13, 2022

This thread is exhibit A for why my company is leaving BitBucket. Their incompetence with the product and lack of care for users feedback are staggering.

Like # people like this
Walter Davies April 14, 2022

In fairness, I can understand the competing and very different requirements between an open source project online, where the project may have any number of random contributors that would be covered by GDPR, &c, versus a corporate/enterprise environment where tracking user activity should be normal/expected. 

The problem, @Atlassian, is that you either knew about this problem and did not adequately address it with your user base (certainly not your paying customers!) or you did not even recognise this problem in the first place. Either situation, unfortunately, leads us all to @Tim Kras's opinion. 

Like # people like this
Walter Davies April 14, 2022

I got this email upon submitting the above reply:

Go ahead and add this to your wins column for the week: You've earned a new badge! We like to think of them as fun pieces of flair for your profile.

I take back everything I said, above. I'm going to go eat cake now!

🎂🍰🧁🥮🍥🎉🥳🍾🎈🎊🪅🪩

Like # people like this
6 votes
Amit Kumar January 31, 2023

It was started in 25th Sep 2017 and now it is 2023 and they are still gathering interest. Hahaha

3 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2017

Hi Eric! If the user has public repositories, you'll be able to see his recent activity in the right side of the screen when you visit their profile and click on the repo which activity you want to see. However, you won't be able to see al general activity for a given user.

Hope that helps,

Ana 

Sergey Sheypak October 24, 2018

Is it fixed?

Like # people like this
Aleksandr December 18, 2018

However, you won't be able to see al general activity for a given user.

@Ana Retamal

But earlier it was possible to see user activity in common shared repositories. Why you deleted this opportunity?

Like # people like this
Constantin Caraivan March 15, 2019

Agreed. Also, Github has this...

Like # people like this
John Kroetch July 24, 2019

As a team manager, I would very much like this feature to see team activity within our repositories...

Like # people like this
Rose Ahearne August 20, 2019

I agree with @John Kroetch , as a manager it's important to be able to see team member's activity and report on PR success. @Thomas Schlegel  how do we get Atlassian on this?

Like Gennady Zlobin likes this
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2019

Hi @Rose Ahearne ,

I'm not a Bitbucket expert, so I can't say anything except that you should raise your feature request here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Like Lance Bennett likes this
Space Anomaly December 20, 2019

Potential employers often ask to see a GitHub profile.  It would be nice to make the switch here knowing that efforts are publicly displayed (programming languages, commit frequency, etc).

Like Jake Tyler likes this
Tim Black March 31, 2020

@fisnik_labsavvy awesome graphs doesn't appear to provide what the OP is asking for. BBS provides a "My Activity" page but it only shows commits and repo/PR creation, and merge type events. It does not show things like PR reviewing activity (like added as reviewer, marked "Needs Work", etc).

I would like to see Bitbucket provide ALL user activity the way Jira does. This is useful for retrospective time reporting. (Helps a dev to go back and really see what they did at times)

fisnik_labsavvy March 31, 2020

that link is the closest thing I found to make up for the missing referenced functionality. Its functionality  doesn’t come close to what’s needed to create a full picture of a developer’s code commit history. 

Like Shawn.Oles likes this
1 vote
Uladzislava Kastsitsyna _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 1, 2023

Hi! 

You can check out Awesome Graphs for Bitbucket. This app provides an array of reports on both individual user commit and pull request activity and the activity of the whole team. 

This report focused on individual contribution and this report focused on side-to-side recent activity might be of particular interest to you. 

Hope that helps,

Vlada

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events