How can I run Runners on demand?

Rafal Janicki February 3, 2022

My use case: I'd like to use hosted BitBucket runners for running my BB pipelines. However, I don't want the runners to be active 24x7 as there's no need. Instead, I'd like to get a trigger (a webhook of some sort) that lets me know that a pipeline is waiting for a runner. Once I get the trigger, I autoscale my instances to at least one instance what'd allow the runner to run the pipeline. The pipeline should also have a timeout configuration, so it fails if no runners are available in xxx minutes.

1 answer

0 votes
Norbert C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2022

Hi Rafal,

Thank you for contacting Atlassian Support, my name is Norbert and I'm a Bitbucket Cloud Support Engineer, it's nice to meet with you!

I'd like to inform you that we don't have a solution for this use case. What I can recommend you is that in case you know that you would like to run a build always at a specific time, you can setup in crontab that a few minutes before it'll start the runners, but unfortunately we don't have an out-of-box solution for this.

Best Regards,
Norbert
Atlassian Bitbucket Cloud Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events