Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I restrict allowed PR reviewers to members of a particular group?

Jay Hendren December 20, 2017

I have a Bitbucket Server (5.5.1) instance bound to my organization's Active Directory instance. We have a pull-request-based workflow. PRs are required to have at least one approval and passing tests before merging. However, we employ both FTEs and interns, and we want only FTEs to be able to approve PRs. FTEs are members of the "unix-staff" group in the AD while interns are members of the "unix-students" group. Is there some way to prevent PRs from being merged until at least one member of the "unix-staff" group has approved it? Or can I do something similar that achieves the same goal, like restricting PR reviewers to members of a particular group?

I do see the "default reviewers" feature, but this doesn't quite meet my goals: it's a handwritten list of users, whereas I want to be able to say "any current members of the unix-staff group", so that I don't need to modify this list every time an FTE joins or leaves my group.

1 answer

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2017

In order to control it by groups you need an app, Workzone and ScriptRunner allows you to do that.

Jay Hendren December 20, 2017

Thanks, these are both paid plugins though and I am not allowed to authorize funds for Bitbucket :( Ah well I guess I might have to live with a hardcoded list of FTEs.

Like Vikram Kuruba likes this
Kevin Sheedy July 8, 2019

+1 Was surprised to see that any GitStash user can approve any PR on any Project and there's no way to restrict this. Surely restricting approvers should be a core feature?

Like Vikram Kuruba likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events