Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I replace my bitbucket repository completely from my local repository?

Mark Ericson October 26, 2016

I have run filters on my complete revision history to force every file to have linux line-endings (due to diff and merge issues).   I would now like to replace my complete Bitbucket cloud repository with this local version. Ideally I want the same URL so existing clones continue to work.

Is it possible to replace the entire existing Bitbucket repository with my local version?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

I discovered I needed to do:

git push --all --force-with-lease
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2016

Yes. That works too! I just remembered this blog post: https://developer.atlassian.com/blog/2015/04/force-with-lease/

Nice one! smile

1 vote
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2016

Hi Mark,

I think you want to perform a Git "force push". Be careful, though, because that is a destructive operation.

You can read more about it here:

You can see a practical example hre:

Best,
Thiago 

0 votes

I see now that after the filtering, the local repository states thta my local branch and remote branch have diverged, 108 commits each and says I need to do a git pull to merge into the local branch.  Is there a couple of simple git commands that forces all my local commits to the remote repository?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events