Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I login without a valid email account?

Daniel Icardo November 20, 2018

Hello everyone, the background of the issue is this:

* The jenkins integration with our bitbucket cloud account started failing since a week ago and the only message I see is this: 

Caused by: com.cloudbees.jenkins.plugins.bitbucket.api.BitbucketRequestException: HTTP request error. Status: 403: Forbidden.
Because your Atlassian account admin requires single sign-on, you'll need to authenticate with an app password. Create an app password at https://bitbucket.org/account/admin/app-passwords

Since then I've tried to login with that account and review its settings, but I cannot login because it doesn't have a valid registered email address and id.atlassian is requesting one, I cannot use the username for the account.

So I've some questions:

1. Why is app-password required for single sign-on?
  2. How do I turn it off?
  3. The plugin I'm using to integrate jenkins and bitbucket by scanning an organization folder doesn't support app-passwords, but as I understand it there should be an option to opt out of them right?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Icardo November 20, 2018

Ok, I found the problem now, we were using the incorrect combination of user and password. I created a new user, created an app password for that user and then used that user's username and the newly created password as my credentials.

At first we were trying to use the label of the app password as the username.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events