Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I link Bitbucket project X to OnDemand project X?

Koos van der Kolk October 15, 2013

In my Bitbucket I have projects X,Y,Z

In my OnDemand I also created projects X,Y,Z

I connected OnDemand and Bitbucket.

How can I tell OnDemand that the OnDemand project X is the same as the BitBucket project X (so that OnDemand knows what to do with updates in the repository?)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 15, 2013

The projects wouldn't be linked together per se. In other words, the DVCS connector in your OnDemand instance is dedicated to syncing Bitbucket/Github commits with JIRA issues.

More details here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Processing+JIRA+issues+with+commit+messages

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Koos van der Kolk October 15, 2013

(mmm... my answer just got lost in the login process...)

Mmm... ok.

I am a complete noob on these kind of systems, but wouldn't a automatic connection not be much better? So I commit something to Bitbitbucket, project X: 'Fixed issue #1' and - because of the connection - the issue status is changed in the OnDemand X counterpart automatically? Why are BitBucket and OnDemand separate products in the first place? When I started my trial, I thought it would just be an (huge) upgrade of my BitBucket issue page, in stead of a separate product with a connector which I have to instruct with commit messages.

(not meant as criticism, I am just trying to guess why the current setup is as it is :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events