Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I have notifications sent to ALL my emails, not just my primary email?

eje211 May 25, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Manage Inbox and email notifications

I have a personal BitBucket account that I also use for work. I log in with my personal email, but I also entered my work email as another Bitbucket email address. I want to keep it that way. If I ever change jobs, I would lose access to my work email, so I really want to log in with my personal email. Also, I'm not sure that have two accounts is a good idea either. I'm still the same person no matter where I write code.

So, when I get a notification from BitBucket, I get it on my personal email. Ideally, I'd like to get notifications on my work email for my work projects and on my personal email for my personal projects. But that level of detail is really not necessary: if I could get all notifications on work email, that would be enough.

3 answers

1 vote
Daniel Lublin May 26, 2016

I'm in precisely this situation. Ideally, I'd like to choose per project/team which of my registered email addresses that should receive those notifications. Or, send email notifications for all projects/teams to all my registered addresses – and I'll just filter them myself.

0 votes
evzijst
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2016

While I understand the use case (I'm in the exact same situation with only 1 account to work on both personal and work projects and have both email addresses registered), the answer today is that you cannot get Bitbucket to send notifications to different addresses based on the repo.

There already is a public issue for this in the issue tracker and I suggest you vote on that and watch the issue for future developments. We take voting counts into account when prioritizing our roadmap: https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/7038/custom-email-routing-bb-8197

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2016

@Daniel Lublin - that sounds like a great reason to vote up the question. wink

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events