How can I exclude specific projects and/or repositories from a BitBucket Search query? Edited

My company has >100 repositories in >50 projects and I want my search to go over like 95% of them, without have to search in each one individually.  I want to be able to exclude a few projects/repos from my searches.

The documentation I found (1, 2, 3) didn't tell me any way that that I can exclude a specific Project or Repository from my search.  

For example, I am able to search in a single project or repository by using queries like these

• SP_ObjectName1 repo:Project1/Repository1
  • SP_ObjectName1 project:Project1

But I am not able to exclude a project or repository from my search 

1. SP_ObjectName1 NOT project:Project1
    • Error: "Your query couldn't be parsed. We've searched with a modified query."
    • Searches ONLY in Project 1
    • Returns reults where these strings are highlighted:
      • SP_ObjectName1
      • SP
      • NOT
  2. SP_ObjectName1 -project:Project1
    • No error
    • Searches in all projects
    • Returns results where these strings are highlighted:
      • SP_ObjectName1
      • SP
  3. I get the same errors when you replace the project portion of 1 & 2 with "repo:Project1/Repository1", so I didn't think it was worth writing up.

1 answer

0 votes

Hey Jessica,

This is a feature reqeust that was raised in BSERV-9722. Unfortunately this isn't currently possible and it's not on the roadmap for the near future. In order to draw attention to that particular feature request, feel free to watch, comment and vote on this issue. For reference, this is our policy on how new features are implemented.

Wish we had a better answer for you!

Ben

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

635 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot