How can I download files from a repo with bitbucket

Tyson Dogerz January 10, 2018

How can I download files from a repo with bitbucket?

I have looked through docs and cannot find anywhere an example of how this might be achieved.

I want to distribute updates but only to those that have a ssh key rather than using simple auth.

It works by looking at versions.gz file and then getting the most recent download. Is this possible with ssH?

Is there a way to authenticate others to download updates from my repository, or is this just a limitation of bitbucket and you must use public repo’s and to use private repo's give out your password with basic auth and cross fingers.

Code example in python

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2018

Hi Tyson, at the moment it's not possible to do what you're asking for. If you want people to be able to download files from your downloads section, you'll need to make your repo public so everybody can access it, or the people that wants to download it will need to have a Bitbucket account and have permissions to access the repo.

We don't recommend you to share your account credentials with anyone, they can create free Bitbucket accounts with their own credentials and they can be granted read-only permissions.

I found this feature request that you might be interested in, you can vote for it at https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/1087/private-repository-public-downloads-bb-733

Right now it's closed, but if more people show interest they might consider re-opening it again.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events