How can I disable merge diff emails for a specific repo?

Josh Toft October 15, 2015

I have a number of repositories which contain sensitive information.

I want to continue to receive email's regarding pull requests, however, I don't want the emails to contain the actual merge diffs in plaintext, or really at all in the email itself.

Is there a way to disable/modify email notifications for an entire project or a single repository?

---

Currently using Stash 3.6.1

Note: Only interested in modifying notifications for a targeted project/repo, not all of them globally.

2 answers

0 votes
Ben Stuart
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2017

Hello,

In the public facing issue BSERV-4747 our development team decided not to allow using email templates, so the email notifications sent by Bitbucket Server cannot be customized.

Your best option is to add the issue you've found, BSERV-9893, to your watch list and add your feedback there. This will make our development team prepare a solution that best matches your needs.

It might be possible to download Bitbucket Server source code if your license allows doing that, then and customize email notifications someway (maybe other people can help clarifying that in this thread, because I am not sure which source should be modified), but please bear in mind that customized instances (or built from source) are not supported.

You can also try a plugin like Notifyr - Notifications for Bitbucket which gives you an option to remove code I believe. 

Regards,
Ben

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2015

What version of Bitbucket are you on? Check this page out (https://confluence.atlassian.com/stash/stash-config-properties-296094368.html#Stashconfigproperties-Notifications). I do not seem to recall disabling it at all unless you supply an invalid email config in the Bitbucket settings.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events