How can I delete a repository

I can't find the respository delete button in the new bitbucket design. Where is it??

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello Luke,

you can do that if you're repository owner or admin. Here a complete how-to guide https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Delete+a+repository

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Hi Luke,

It supposed to be on the left-hand navigation, after you click on the Cog Icon.

If you still do not find it:

Check if your user have enough permission to do remove repositories;

If you do, check if the delete link appear when trying to access on another browser.

The gears icon is all the way down on the left side

I'm having the same problem. I want to delete the repository. I follow the directions and navigate to the repository and there's no gear icon (I am using the OnDemand verson of Atlassian/Git). I went into the permissons and made sure that all of the admin boxes are checked. Still no joy.

Later - after I looked at the bug reports...

The gear icon is on the bottom left, way at the bottom of the page, not at the top as one might expect. If you click on this icon there is a delete.

So, it sounds like you were able to delete the repository, and you no longer have this problem.

I was able to delete the repository. Until I read the bug reports I had not noticed the icon in the lower left corner of the page. Assuming that all the permissions are set this icon should be there. But it would appear that I am not alone in missing this icon.

I managed to delete a repository on my Bitbucket account https://bitbucket.org/Hispacar by following the instructions explained in this thread.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 21, 2018 in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

1,570 views 9 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you