cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I configure Stash to work cooperatively with a TFS git repository

David FALLAS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2014

I would like to use the capabilities (in particular pull requests and code review) that Stash provides, on a git repository that Microsoft TFS is configured to use for source code version control. A previous answer links to Webhook but that appears to be for Jenkins (with which I have no experience).

Ultimately, something similar to 'gated check-ins' is what I have in mind.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Would git clone --mirror perhaps be an option?

3 answers

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2014

I am not up-to-date with the way TFS uses Git, but if it is possible for it to use an external Git repo for version control, your best option is to configure that and use TFS only as a build server.

If you actually decide to mirror the code between the two, there are some Stash plugins for doing this.

0 votes
David FALLAS
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2014

Hello Balazs - ideally, I would like to host the code in only one place, however, I am very new to Stash and not a git wizard either so haven't yet found a way to achieve this - hence my question. Hosting the code in two places and perhaps running a daemon against the Stash clone to keep things in synch might be an option.

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2014

Do you mean to use TFS only as a build server in this setup or do you actually want to host the code in two places?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events