Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are the number of licensed users calculated?

Tim Lo July 11, 2013

There seems to be a discrepancy between the number of users reported for utilizing a licensed seat. As per the Global Permissions admin screen, it describes anyone with "Stash User" permissions counting towards the license.

If you tally up the number of users specified in both the "Individual Users" and within each of the "Groups" specified, I found that it is actually less than the count shown in the "License Settings" screen.

For example:

• License Settings Screen: 100 (36 users remaining) meaning 64 users
  • Tally of all "Stash Users": 62

So in my particular case, where are the 2 extra users coming from? How is this number being affected?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2013

I suspect Stash is the same as the other Atlassian products - it's anyone who "can log in". So individual users, everyone in the groups in Stash user, and your administrators. My guess is you've got two admins who aren't really users...

(It does de-duplicate - if you put a user in admin and in stash-user, they will only take one seat)

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2013

Nic is right - we just use internal Crowd, which is the same as JIRA/Confluence. The best way to tell for sure is look at the stash_user DB table.

Charles

0 votes
jcurleyWR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2014

If it is possible for you to query the database, I suggest this knowledge base article:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASHKB/Query+for+inactive+or+idle+users

Querying the stash_user DB table returns all the users that exist (in your LDAP DB for example), when you really want to know the number of licensed (authenticated) users.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events