How To Roll Back Theme Settings

Philip Eliot April 26, 2017

Hi,

I have a wordpress website which uses the Divi theme. I imported a premade layout to add to one of the pages and followed the instructions for importing, but it went and changed a bunch of theme settings - all I wanted was the layout, not a theme redesign!

The files I imported were:

Divi Theme Options.json
Divi Customizer Settings.json
Divi Builder Layouts.json

I now believe that only the 'Divi Builder Layouts.json' was necessary for my needs - unfortunately, the instructions left that small detail out.

I made the changes on my actual site - I have Bitbucket set up but only my developer uses it, as he has a copy of my site on his computer. But he isn't available right now and I need to roll back the unecessary theme settings changes.

How do I do that?

As far as the theme settings are concerned, the last version on bitbucket is probably up to date as I don't change the theme settings (not on purpose, anyway) so I figure all I have to do is reapply the theme content from my bitbucket version and that should do it. 

EG: all the files in the wp-content/themes/divi child theme folder - although if I can figure out which specific files were changed then I could just reapply those.

But how do I do that?

Can any one please instruct me how to do this? Or poiint me towards a very good tutorial on how to do it?

I'm not bitbucket proficient but I do follow instructions well!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events