Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can i integrate bitbucket server with AWS for deployment/ continuous integration/continuous deli

Baskar May 3, 2017

We have self hosted bitbucket server, in that we have to integrate only particular repo with AWS for deployment.

3 answers

2 votes
Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2021

The previous answers are a bit outdated, see here for currently supported scenarios:
https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/devops/integrating-codepipeline-with-on-premises-bitbucket-server/

1 vote
Ritchie Gu August 3, 2017

Hi @Baskar, I've been working on this type of the implementation for the last few years.

In between, you will need a CI system in place, i recommend Bamboo since it's part of the ecosystem. Bamboo will check out the code from either Bitbucket Server or Cloud, build the package locally, then deploy to S3 bucket( Assume you will be using it). I use S3 as a repository to host the build artifact.

Once the artifact has been succuessfully pushed to S3, Bamboo can call the AWS instance via AWS RunCommand feature to trigger deployment which includes copy artifacts to the server and complete the deployment. If you are using Linux on AWS, you can even mount S3 bucket onto the system as a volume.

Alternatively, bamboo has AWS plugins, it works with various AWS services.

Hopefully it helps!

Ritchie

0 votes
CollabSoft August 2, 2017

Hi @Baskar, I'm assuming that the bitbucket server is where you store your Git source repository and AWS is the target environment where the application needs to be deployed to.

In between these two environments, you will need a build/deploy solution. This can be either a self-hosted application like Jenkins (open-source) or Atlassian Bamboo or a hosted solution like Travis, CircleCI or CodeShip.

The build/deploy service is responsible for taking your code from BitBucket server, transforming it to the deliverable and deploying it to AWS.

Hope this helps!

Remie

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events