Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosting breaks Javascript (?)

jrc03c March 20, 2014

I previously hosted a static site on Dropbox, but I moved it to Bitbucket today (via these instructions). The hosting itself works just fine; I can access those hosted files as expected. But for some reason the Javascript functions that are called (via jQuery) on

$(document).ready()

aren't working properly any more. I also noticed that Bitbucket injects a Javascript snippet at the beginning of my HTML documents, which is almost certainly the culprit. When I view the Javascript console while at the Dropbox site, I get no error messages. But when I view the Javascript console while at the Bitbucket site, I get an error message: "SyntaxError: class is a reserved identifier" and a pointer to the jQuery file (over which I have no control, of course).

Does anyone know what that injected Javascript snippet is, why it would break my code, and how to work around it? Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user March 26, 2014

Does anyone know what that injected Javascript snippet is

The same document that you link to in the question says:

Finally, Atlassian injects a rum.js script into each Bitbucket website. This script captures internal web analytics and statistics.

No idea why your site is broken though. Maybe you should file a issue report to Atlassian ?

jrc03c March 26, 2014

Oh, I guess I didn't notice that on the page, but I bet that you're right. I'll file an issue report. Thanks!

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2014

If you want to post a link to the site, I'll take a glance at the JS myself, but I've never attempted using free online storage to host static sites.

0 votes
jrc03c March 25, 2014

Seriously? Nobody?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events