Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hook on pull request creation

Adam Kaufman December 12, 2014

The question:

Is it possible to create an arbitrary action that executes when a pull request gets created?

The use case:

I would like to create a Jenkins job, based on a standard set of rules, each time a pull request is created in a Stash repository.  I can use Jenkins polling to watch the branch from there and keep building on commits.  Also, I can use a merge request check plugin to approve or deny the merge based on the Jenkins build status.  Finally, I can clean up leftover jobs from merged pull requests using some yet-to-be-determined process.

The easiest way to implement this would probably be to write a third service that uses APIs of both applications to handle this asynchronously (with the notable exception of the merge request check).  I would like to avoid creating a separate entity, and so I am left with the question above.

If I'm barking up the wrong tree and someone has a suggestion for a better implementation, I'm all ears.  I'm still in the early stages here and haven't committed to any particular method.

Thanks

-adam

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2014

You need to write a plugin that listens to the PullRequestOpenedEvent. For the Jenkins part, you can use the Jenkins webhook for inspiration.

Adam Kaufman December 12, 2014

Thanks for the quick response! Is there a concise list of events that can be listened for that I missed somewhere in the documentation?

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2014
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2014

(At the top at direct/indirect subclasses/)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events