Hide source tab

mario serdama November 21, 2017

Hello, I need to hide the source tab where the code is displayed for certain user invited on the repo, is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2017

Hi Mario! If they have read access, they'll be able to see the source. Even if you hid it, they'll be able to see it when they download the code. Were you referring to something else?

Best regards,

Ana 

mario serdama November 23, 2017

Hello Ana,

"If they have read access, they'll be able to see the source. "

so I guess it's not possible prevent that specific users see the code? I'm asking this 'cause inside my repo some user have access to the code (dev), and other users are just insider test, so they need only to notify problems on the issue tracker.

But I guess it's not possible hide the source tab; I need to open another repo only for issue tracking, right?

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2017

Hi Mario! Unless your Issue tracker is completely public, your users will be able to see the code. 

If you set the issue tracker to 'Private', it will only be visible to people with repository access. Having repository access means they'll be able to see the source.

If you set it to 'Public', anybody will be able to view, create, and comment on issues, although they won't be able to see the repo itself.
Alternatively, as you said, you can create a separate repo where you can handle your test users separately and have the issue tracker there, this would be my personal choice.
Hope that helps!
Ana
mario serdama November 23, 2017

Thanks for the answer. Hide the source to specific users of private repo will be great for future features.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
November 24, 2017

I agree :) If you'd like you could submit your idea as a Feature request in our public issue tracker.

Have a nice day!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events