Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having issues changing Team password

Steele Parker July 4, 2016

After the changes to teams, a developer with access to the team password has left our company. We need to change the team password but it cannot be done.

The team has no email attached, and the password reset link does not appear in the menu, nor does reset password do anything (as there is no email attached, and one cannot be attached), despite me having full administrative access to the team.

I have requested Bitbucket support for assistance, however the support team seems to only answer my question at an arbitrary time after the ticket is submitted (understandible), and way too early in the morning for me to be awake. By time I am able to access the password reset link sent to my inbox (as administrator of the team) the link has expired and I'm back to square one.

Has anybody been able to resolve this issue and change the password of a team after these changes?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
evzijst
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2016

Teams cannot be used to login to anymore, which is why you cannot reset the password. Teams are entirely managed by their admins.

Steele Parker July 14, 2016

This would be a perfectly acceptable outcome if it were the case, however unfortunately this is not the case for the team in question. I am able to login using the team name and the password that was previously set for it, yet I cannot change the password or add an email address to the team so as to perform a password reset.

This is serious security risk for our organisation, so if you are able to help me from an administrative perspective, I would greatly appreciate the assistance.

The attached screenshot demonstrates this.

Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 8.01.08 AM.png

evzijst
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2016

I stand corrected!

We are in the process of removing team logins entirely (the reason you can't change it right now), but aren't as far along at this point as I thought. I suggest I fast track your team account and disable logins to it immediately. Can you send me the team name either at erik@atlassian.com or support@bitbucket.org (in case of the latter, please refer to this page and mention my name)?

0 votes
Steele Parker July 18, 2016

Please note this issue has been resolved after email discussion with @Erik van Zijst. Team login is no longer possible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events