Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone integrated Bitbucket with Visual Studio for Mac (not Windows)?

Kerry_Frater December 17, 2017

I am looking to integrate VSFM with bitbucket. I know there is a marketplace addon for the Windows version but I cannot find one for the MAC.

I see it has GIT integration built in but I prefer Bitbucket.

I have just bought a MAC to do some iOS/Droid phone/tablet development and it would be good to automate the bitbucket process.

2 answers

1 vote
Martin Schneider September 28, 2018

take a look here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/mac/set-up-git-repository

I did it 5 minutes ago and it works perfect! I installed VS 2017 Community for MAC one hour ago and source / version control was included (it was not necessary to install any plug in / extension for source / version control).

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2017

Hi Kerry! From the Bitbucket side, we don't provide support for this integration.

I've been doing some research in and outside our Community, and found out that Visual Studio offers an extension, however:

"Simply put, the extensions you'll find in the Visual Studio Marketplace are not compatible with Visual Studio 2017 for Mac." (Source: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=MistyK.VisualStudioBitbucketExtension#qna)

So I'm afraid it won't work. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards!
Ana

karinhunz September 12, 2018

Hi Ana, is there a possibility in between or is it still not possible to connect to bitbucket on Mac? 

Thanks

Karin

Like catalin likes this
francois_engelbrecht July 12, 2019

You can use SourceTree to do this outside for the Visual Studio IDE environment. I've been using SourceTree and Visual Studio CE edition on MacOS for a while now and it works great

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events