Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had issues with AWS RDS and Stash with MySQL utf8

Nick Beagley December 10, 2013

I have been trying to setup stash backed by a mysql aws rds instance, but i keep getting the following error:

The target database is not configured for UTF-8 support. For information about creating a database for use with Stash, please refer to the Stash documentation.

If you continue having issues, get in touch with our support team and we'll help get you up and running.

Hide details
The target database is not configured for UTF-8 support. For information about creating a database for use with Stash, please refer to the Stash documentation. com.atlassian.stash.internal.db.DefaultDatabaseManager.validateConfiguration(DefaultDatabaseManager.java:199) com.atlassian.stash.internal.db.DefaultDatabaseManager.prepareDatabase(DefaultDatabaseManager.java:146) com.atlassian.stash.internal.maintenance.SpringMaintenanceTaskFactory.setupTask(SpringMaintenanceTaskFactory.java:139)

But i have setup a new parameter group on the aws rds server with utf set:
mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE '%char%'; +--------------------------+-------------------------------------------+ | Variable_name | Value | +--------------------------+-------------------------------------------+ | character_set_client | utf8 | | character_set_connection | utf8 | | character_set_database | utf8 | | character_set_filesystem | binary | | character_set_results | utf8 | | character_set_server | utf8 | | character_set_system | utf8 | | character_sets_dir | /rdsdbbin/mysql-5.5.33.R1/share/charsets/ | +--------------------------+-------------------------------------------+

Anyone have any experience with this?

2 answers

4 votes
Brian Yam July 2, 2014

For Reference if anyone has this problem, this will be solved by:

alter database DATABASE_NAME CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin;

0 votes
Brian Yam July 2, 2014

Same situation here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders