Hardware configuration.

M M January 28, 2014

Hello,

I'm planing to buy Atlassian enviroment that will containt: Jira, confluence, Stash and Bamboo. Now I'm start preparing hardware configuration for it. What will be more efficient:

1 Server contains JIRA, Confluence and Stash and 1 Server contains Bambo

or

1 Server contains JIRA, Confluence and other contains Bamboo and Stash

I want 2 servers to make CI heavy tasks to not influence performance of Jira and other tools on first server.

2 answers

0 votes
M M January 28, 2014

I would rather stick with one agent due to costs.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2014

Hi M M,

I would strongly recommend the second option.

Best regards,

Peter

M M January 28, 2014

Will building and hosting sources on one machine impact less on performance than hosting sources and Jira+Confluence on one and building on another? Or there are other reasons, why you recommend that setup?

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2014

It gives you a distinct separation between everything around code and everything around your process and documentation.

It will also guarantee that your code tools (Stash, Bamboo) will never influence the performance of your process and documentation tools (which are almost always more actively used by people then Stash and Bamboo).

If possible I would also recommend you to use remote agents to lower the load on your Bamboo machine even further.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events