Handling backup redundancy for line of business application currently stored in BitBucket Cloud

Jamy Williams July 2, 2020

We currently have one of our small line of business application stored in the free version of BitBucket Cloud as recommended by a 3rd party.

We are going to be considering Bitbucket for a more substantial line of business application in the near future. The stake holders appear to find it acceptable to use BitBucket Could in this case also.

I recommended to them that it may be possible to stand up an in house instance of BitBucket as well. I had noticed one of the Atlassion Mirror options and assumed without looking at the documentation that it would have the ability to mirror changes in the cloud version to our on premise version. The representative explained that it was not the case and to look into the datacenter products in order provide more redundancy. 

What I am trying to accomplish to to provide the stake holder with a reassurance that there source code is in house. We don't necessarily want it to live exclusively in house that is why the Cloud version is more appealing, so having something in house is just for piece of mind, and possibly a backup incased the free Could version was not available.

Not sure if this whole idea is the right train of thought period, but if mirroring is not the answer, maybe cloning from the cloud on a regular basis and pushing to the on-premise would be an option with a lot of manual overhead.

Any suggestions would be happily accepted, whether they be along the line of this thought or commonly accepted approach that I am unaware of.

Thanks to all..

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events