Handle single project across Mercurial / SVN / Git

Anup DSouza January 22, 2013

I currently have a project hosted on a private Git repo which I manage using sourcetree. Recently I decided to collaborate with a group of friends on this project. However they prefer Mercurial & SVN to Git and I'd rather have separate Mercurial & SVN repositories created with my project for them to collaborate on while maintaining my own Git repo. I was wondering if it would be possible to do the following via Sourcetree:

1. Have a single project folder on my work system that tracks my projects onto all three repo's (Git / Mercurial / SVN) ?

2. If 1. is possible, can I then selectively pull changes from either of the versioning systems and also selectively push changes to them ?

I'm using Sourcetree on Mac.

Any help is appreciated :)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2013

SourceTree won't currently allow you to use the same working copy for both Git and Mercurial. I suggest you use Git and ask the others to use hggit to interface with it if that's what they prefer. The sooner you can convince them to drop Subversion the better, they'll thank you eventually ;)

Anup DSouza February 1, 2013

And that's what I proceeded to do :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events