Handle single project across Mercurial / SVN / Git

I currently have a project hosted on a private Git repo which I manage using sourcetree. Recently I decided to collaborate with a group of friends on this project. However they prefer Mercurial & SVN to Git and I'd rather have separate Mercurial & SVN repositories created with my project for them to collaborate on while maintaining my own Git repo. I was wondering if it would be possible to do the following via Sourcetree:

1. Have a single project folder on my work system that tracks my projects onto all three repo's (Git / Mercurial / SVN) ?

2. If 1. is possible, can I then selectively pull changes from either of the versioning systems and also selectively push changes to them ?

I'm using Sourcetree on Mac.

Any help is appreciated :)

1 answer

1 accepted

SourceTree won't currently allow you to use the same working copy for both Git and Mercurial. I suggest you use Git and ask the others to use hggit to interface with it if that's what they prefer. The sooner you can convince them to drop Subversion the better, they'll thank you eventually ;)

And that's what I proceeded to do :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

661 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot