Group Managed Service Accounts

Merijn de Jonge January 13, 2014

Hi,

I have installed stash to run as a windows service. Is it possible to run this service as a group managed service account (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831782.aspx)?This would easy the maintenance and security of my stash service. When I try to run the service as a Group Managed Service Account, shash starts, but when connect to stash I receive the fatal error "The Spring WebApplicationContext could not be started".

Any help is welcome.

1 answer

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2014

Hi Merijn,

I honestly couldn't say whether we support that or not, I think you might be the first person to ask. The most important thing about running Stash on Windows is that it is run as a local, non-admin user. This is extremely important otherwise you will experience significant performance problems. Not sure if this impacts your ability to run Stash as a Group Managed Service or not?

That error masks all manner of sins. We need to the see the real error in $STASH_HOME/log/atlassian-stash.log file to know what really went wrong. You may want to raise a support ticket and attach the support zip or logs so we can take a look. I can't promise that we will be able to get it working in that environment, but hopefully we will gain a better understanding of whether it is possible or not.

Cheers,

Charles

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events