Group Managed Service Accounts

Hi,

I have installed stash to run as a windows service. Is it possible to run this service as a group managed service account (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831782.aspx)?This would easy the maintenance and security of my stash service. When I try to run the service as a Group Managed Service Account, shash starts, but when connect to stash I receive the fatal error "The Spring WebApplicationContext could not be started".

Any help is welcome.

1 answer

Hi Merijn,

I honestly couldn't say whether we support that or not, I think you might be the first person to ask. The most important thing about running Stash on Windows is that it is run as a local, non-admin user. This is extremely important otherwise you will experience significant performance problems. Not sure if this impacts your ability to run Stash as a Group Managed Service or not?

That error masks all manner of sins. We need to the see the real error in $STASH_HOME/log/atlassian-stash.log file to know what really went wrong. You may want to raise a support ticket and attach the support zip or logs so we can take a look. I can't promise that we will be able to get it working in that environment, but hopefully we will gain a better understanding of whether it is possible or not.

Cheers,

Charles

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 06, 2018 in Bitbucket

Upgrade Best Practices

Hello! My name is Mark Askew and I am a Premier Support Engineer for products Bitbucket Server/Data Center, Fisheye & Crucible. Today, I want to bring the discussion that Jennifer, Matt, and ...

407 views 5 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you