Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got the branching model removed in Stash 3.8

Michael T. April 4, 2015

Hi,

I've just upgraded to Stash 3.8. Now, when I go to the repository settings, I'm not able to find the branching model entry anymore (it used to be under the menu "Workflow"). Has that been removed in Stash 3.8 (well, I strongly doubt it)?

Thanks,

Michael

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2015

It has not been removed. I've just checked and am still seeing the 'Branching Model' option in my "Workflow" section in 3.8.0. I think that the plugin that provides the branching model is disabled or failing to start up correctly. You can check whether the plugin is enabled by going into Administration > Manage Add-ons, select 'System' check whether the "Atlassian Stash Branch Utilities Plugin" is listed and displayed as enabled.

Are there any errors in the logs? 

Michael T. April 4, 2015

You're right, it was disabled. Here are the log entries: 2015-04-04 17:09:09,083 DEBUG [ThreadPoolAsyncTaskExecutor::Thread 1] c.a.plugin.impl.AbstractPlugin Plugin com.atlassian.stash.stash-branch-utils going from ENABLING to DISABLED 2015-04-04 17:09:09,085 ERROR [ThreadPoolAsyncTaskExecutor::Thread 1] o.s.o.e.i.a.ContextLoaderListener Application context refresh failed (NonValidatingOsgiBundleXmlApplicationC ontext(bundle=com.atlassian.stash.branch-utils, config=osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml)) org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'gitBranchInformation' defined in URL [bundle://63.0:0/META-INF/spring/atlassian-plugin-cont ext.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [com.atlassian.stash.internal.br anch.info.git.GitBranchInformation]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: scala.util.control.Exception$.catching(Lscala/collection/Seq;)Ls cala/util/control/Exception$Catch; at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:254) ~[spring-2.5.6.SEC03-atlassian-6.jar:4.1.4.RELEASE] at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_75] at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:728) ~[spring-context-4.1.4.RELEASE.jar:4 .1.4.RELEASE] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) [na:1.7.0_75] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [na:1.7.0_75] ... 17 frames trimmed Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [com.atlassian.stash.internal.branch.info.git.GitBranchInformation]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: scala.util.control.Exception$.catching(Lscala/collection/Seq;)Lscala/util/control/Exception$Catch; at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:115) ~[spring-2.5.6.SEC03-atlassian-6.jar:4.1.4.RELEASE] ... 5 common frames omitted Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: scala.util.control.Exception$.catching(Lscala/collection/Seq;)Lscala/util/control/Exception$Catch; at com.atlassian.stash.internal.branch.info.git.GitBranchInformation.<init>(GitBranchInformation.scala:30) ~[na:na] at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:100) ~[spring-2.5.6.SEC03-atlassian-6.jar:4.1.4.RELEASE] ... 5 common frames omitted By the way, I have the same problems with my own Scala-based Stash plug-ins which do not work anymore with the provided Scala lib from Stash since 3.8...

Michael T. April 6, 2015

It's really strange that the branch utils plug-in is not able to start on my Stash 3.8 installation. Do you think that this is happening due to other (Scala-based) plug-ins I've installed on my Stash instance? Have there been any changes in Stash's Scala provider lib plug-in in Stash 3.8 (maybe a version change or some packages that are not exported anymore in the OSGi package)? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Michael T. April 7, 2015

The mentioned issues were caused by one of my plug-ins which exported the Scala lib in its OSGi manifest...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events