Git was not found on the PATH for Bitbucket

JordanMaxim November 18, 2015

Hi,

I am currently in the process of Installing Bitbucket Server on our Windows Server 2012 R2 machine.

I have installed Git 2.6.3-64-bit and installed Bitbucket-4.1.0-x64.

I have installed Git in our "D:\Development\Git" directory

Bitbucket is installed in "D:\BitBucket" and the Bitbucket data directory is "D:\BitBucket_ApplicationData".

I am getting the error message "Git was not found on the PATH for Bitbucket. Install Git 1.8.0+, excluding 1.8.4.3, 2.0.2, 2.0.3, and restart Bitbucket."

I have seen that you can tell Bitbucket where the Git binary files are in the bitbucket.properties file.

image2015-11-19 10:58:50.png

I have then saved this file in the "D:\Development\BitBucket_ApplicationData\shared\bitbucket.properties" directory.

What am I missing???

Thanks

Jordan

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2015

Can you check your System Variables if git is there? Try opening a dos prompt console and type "git" to test.

Rich Duncan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2015

If you're on windows, you may need to add git's home directory to your path (for the user that will run bitbucket)

0 votes
Sven Holwell November 25, 2015

I found that the installation created a new user called 'atlbitbucket' and used this as the 'AtlassianBitbucket' service user. This user does not have Git either in it's path or indeed installed. I have set up a new bitbucket user, installed Git for them and then set them as the logon for the service and all now works.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events