Git LFS not working on an account with two factor authentication

James McMahon January 29, 2016

I'm having some trouble using the new git-lfs extension with my repos. I successfully added objects to be tracked by LFS but when I go to push I get repeatably asked for my password for an HTTPS connection, even though I am using SSH for my git auth.

Reading this other question, it sounds like it's expected that git-lfs would open multiple connections, which would each prompt for a password. So I entered my password, around 8 times and kept re-prompting me. I am only adding 5 files to LFS, so having 8 prompts made it seem like something was going wrong.

I suspect that the issue is that my account has two factor authentication, which means it can't connect over HTTPS. Can you advise about what I can do next to fix the issue or alternatively, if this an issue with the Bitbucket side of things, can you give me an ETA on a fix?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2016

Hi James,

Are you trying to use Git LFS with a repository hosted in Bitbucket Cloud (https://bitbucket.org)? If so, Git LFS support on Bitbucket Cloud has not been released yet. Please follow the feature request here for updates.

Support for Git LFS is currently only available in Bitbucket Server and Bitbucket Data Center (where you host the application yourself).

James McMahon January 30, 2016

Oh my mistake then, your blog post was ambiguous about what products now supported LFS. I'll keep an eye on that feature request, thank you for the link.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events