Getting my invited user onto Sourcetree

joymaker2 May 27, 2017

I'm new to BitBucket and SourceTree. I created a repositority. I checked my project into it. I invited a new user, who was not formerly a user of BitBucket and SourceTree. I watched him create an account for both, in response to the invitation. I can confirm from my Users & Groups page that he has write access to the repository. But then he logs in to SourceTree using his credentials and can't see anything. Under Remote it shows nothing. What does he need to do to make his SourceTree aware of the repository I shared with him, so he can check it out?

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2017

Hi Ken! Can you confirm that he's using the same Atlassian account for both his Bitbucket and SourceTree accounts? Can you also ask him to refresh SourceTree by clicking the Cog icon > Refresh when in the Remote tab.

If he still can not see the repo, can you let us know which version of SourceTree and which OS is he using?

Cheers,

Ana

joymaker2 June 20, 2017

He can see my repo via Bitbucket website, but not in Sourcetree, even after the Refresh.  Sourcetree 2.5.1, MacOS 10.12.5.

Updating to the latest sourcetree 2.5.3 didn't help.  Remote view shows Bitbucket (correct account name) and nothing inside it.

We used the Checkout/download button on the website and it said "check out in Sourcetree" and went through a bunch of stuff... and now Sourcetree can see the checked out copy under the Local tab.

joymaker2 June 26, 2017

And yes, he confirmed that he was using the same account for Bitbucket and for Sourcetree.

joymaker2 June 26, 2017

Further news: since we couldn't SEE each other's repositories, we tried using SourceTree to CREATE one.  results: "invalid slug". I'll have to tell you, this is among the most uninformative error messages I have ever seen. What is a slug? Why is it invalid? What did I do to create this error? NO HELP.

I tried both "Catamouse", matching the name of the repository I was trying to work with,  and "Catamouse1", a name I had never used in any fashion before. Same result, both ways. My partner tried "catamouse", and succeeded. Do you understand why?

bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2017

Hi Ken,

The repository slug is a very precise technical description of what's essentially the name at the end of the URL. This is returned from Bitbucket and not SourceTree itself when there are invalid options (which should be listed) present in a proposed name. 

Unfortunately the Bitbucket Cloud API has a lowercase only limitation which that team is tracking. SourceTree has addressed this for branch creation but not repositories. Please file a ticket (or several) at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE for us to investigate this in a future release. 

Thanks,

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, SourceTree

Manju
Atlassian Team
July 20, 2017

You are affected by this known issue we are tracking - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-4313

We will consider fixing this for an upcoming release.

Thanks,

Manjunath
Mac Developer, SourceTre

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events