Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get notification on bitbucket wiki updates (webhook?)

Librae Liao May 17, 2015

Hello folks,

Is there a way to get the notification when there are changes on BitBucket wiki pages?

It seems I can add webhook only for the repo source code, however for wiki pages, I didn't find where to do it.

Thanks,

Librae

1 answer

0 votes
Gary
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2015

Hi Librae,

By default, Bitbucket configures the repository notifications so that you get notified when you or another user:

• Creates or updates a pull request. Updates include new commits, comments, and workflow changes.
  • Pushes a commit or comments on an existing commit.
  • Forks the repository.
  • Creates a new issue or updates an existing one.  Updates include new comments, updates, and transitions through the workflow.
  • Changes the Wiki by creating a new page or updating an existing one.

These repository-wide notifications all go to your Inbox unless you have email enabled, then, you get email too.  You can turn these repository-wide notifications off on a per-repository basis. You can also turn them off globally.

So, if you are watching the repo, you should get notifications from wiki changes as well.  The current webhooks do not interact with the wiki elements of the platform - only the repos themselves.

Cheers,
Gary 

tlroche May 31, 2015

@Gary Sackett: 'if you are watching the repo, you should get notifications [in your Inbox] from wiki changes as well.' This does not seem to be empirically true. I recently revisited [a BB project](1) I haven't used for awhile. In section='Recent activity' on page='Overview', I see > HowToUseJira > Wiki page deleted in tlroche/aqmeii-na_n2o > Iridian Kiiskinen · 2014-08-03 > HowToUseJira > Wiki page created in tlroche/aqmeii-na_n2o > Iridian Kiiskinen · 2014-08-03 but I see no messages in my [BB inbox](2) between 2013-09-16 and 2014-12-23. [1]: https://bitbucket.org/tlroche/aqmeii-na_n2o [2]: https://bitbucket.org/account/notifications/14/

bonachea November 30, 2017

This also did not answer the question the OP seems to be asking (and I share):

How do you enable a WEBHOOK for wiki repo changes?

Like emilymerwin likes this
Gary
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2017

@bonachea webhooks and notifications are 2 completely separate modules.  You cannot create a webhook for wiki notifications.

However, you can still configure notifications on a per repo basis that include changes to the wiki.  These are configured on a per user basis, by the physical user - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/manage-email-notifications-325321743.html.

Cheers,
Gary

bonachea April 10, 2019

@Gary that's quite unfortunate, as it leaves a critically important component of the project (ie documentation) out of a webhook-based workflow.

Sadly the email notifications sent for wiki changes are also mostly useless. They provide only a commit message (which is often empty for online editing) and not even a link to the actual commit or a diff. The poor fidelity of these notifications inhibits maintenance of production-quality wiki pages.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events