Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get back my repo into my git . Best solution

Wattmobile September 29, 2017

Hello,

Sorry if my question has already been treated somewhere else.

I d'ont have so much experience so far on that but I intend to have some trainings soon.

My sub contractors hosts my source code under their own git server. I want to get it back integrally with branches and historic into mine (bitbucket). Not sure for now about the impact and consequences of the different choices.

We may have in the futur some work together as well. 

What would be the best actions ?

1. git fork

2. Git remote + git push under mine ?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2017

Depends on what you want. Is it is a one-time sync or do you want to keep it syncing every time. If it is a one-time sync, you just need to clone the repo and push it into your bitbucket.

If you want to keep them in sync or if you want to make changes and request those changes to be incorporated into the sub contractor repo, fork is the way to go.

Wattmobile September 29, 2017

OK thanks. I think we could have to work again together but I want them to be the slave so they will do merge request to me and I decide if I take the merge or not.

Will it work if my repo is a fork from them ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events