Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get a list of all jira cases linked between two commits

Deleted user March 2, 2020

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to get a list of all JIRA issues that were linked between two different commits. I want to use this information to ensure that we are only releasing commits from JIRA cases that are supposed to be included in the next release (We use a special field to indicate what cases are expected to be in the next release).

Thanks,

Ryan

1 answer

1 vote
Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2020

Hello @[deleted],

This is exactly what Bitbucket Deployments can do for you. They show Jira issues linked to the code since the last deployment.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Daniil

Deleted user March 3, 2020

@Daniil Penkin ,

Thank you for the quick response. I will look into Bitbucket Deployments and if it's a good solution for my team. In the meantime, is there a way to do this without switching to use Bitbucket Deployments? We currently use TeamCity for our deployments and a switch to Bitbucket Deploy would be a big jump so I would like an alternative solution if possible.

Thanks again,

Ryan

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2020

Unfortunately, no, there're no other ways at the moment. Such request requires some indexing of issues, which Bitbucket Deployments perform for their needs.

You don't necessarily have to fully migrate to Bitbucket Deployments in your case, it's enough to trigger deployment from Bitbucket Deployments (say, send a webhook or just create a tag which TeamCity will then pick up?).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Daniil

Deleted user March 4, 2020

Thank you, I will see if I can make a POC using Bitbucket Deployments with a web hook. Is there any documentation on using Bitbucket Deployments with a webhook? Anything to point me to the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
March 4, 2020

Bitbucket Deployments is a feature of Bitbucket Pipelines. Simply speaking, it spins up Docker container from an image you defined, clones your repository into it (optionally), then runs commands you specified. It can contain multiple steps, each step runs in its own Docker container.

Pipelines are triggered automatically on push (commit and/or tag) or manually. You can define different pipelines for different branch and tag patterns as well as for pull requests (this one will run against the "future merged state").

So it is very customisable. Here's a guide on how to write the configuration file for Bitbucket Pipelines.

What I meant for your use case though was just a simple pipeline triggered by whatever you use to trigger a deploy (maybe just manually to try it out) with a script that fires a webhook to TeamCity. I'm not familiar with triggering TC builds but I'm pretty sure it has a listener for webhooks. So something as simple as a curl command should do the trick.

Here's the top level documentation page for Bitbucket Pipelines, including Deployments.

I'm happy to assist you with crafting the config file, feel free to ask questions :)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Daniil

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events