Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GC overhead limit exceeded error

Rishabh Malviya July 28, 2017

I recently got the following warning on my repository

This repository reached the 2 GB limit, restricting it to read-only access.

I then followed the instruction given here to reduce my repository size and restore write access.

I ran the following commands in my corresponding local git repo (which was up-to-date with this one) and ran:

git reset --hard <commit-SHA>

git push --force origin master

The first command executed correctly and took me to a commit which I had successfully pushed before, and which was under the 2 GB limit. But the second command gives me the error:

remote: abort: repository is in read only mode (over 2 GB size limit). Learn how to reduce your repository size: https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/xgMvEw.
fatal: unable to access 'https://shinvu@bitbucket.org/checkoutpirates_rishabh/tasks.git/': The requested URL returned error: 403

If I can't force push the reduced repository back, how am I to resolve this issue?

Could someone help me resolve this issue, please?

It is very urgent for me...this is part of a recruitment test which I have to complete tomorrow.

2 answers

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2017

Hi Rishabh, I just realised this is a duplicate for your other Community question. Please follow up with us in the other thread if you need further assistance.

Cheers :)

Ana

0 votes
jredmond
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2017

You need to contact the support team to get this resolved.

Rishabh Malviya July 29, 2017

Yeah, I did that.

For some reason I thought this is where we contact support. Was really sleepy...never mind.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events