Folder shows up empty after push it

Gabriel Barreras Sanz April 22, 2014

Hi.

I had a repository called "Python". It contained some folders and files. Then I created a new repository with a different name. This new repository included the same "Python" folder, which I just refered. The new repository contained other folders as well.

I commited and pushed the content of the new repository. All the folders were successfully pushed but the "Python" folder. I tried to commit and push two copies of that folder, named "Py" and "Python27" but the problem still appears. When I clone the repository from a second computer, those "Python", "Py" and "Python27" folders are empty. Besides, browsing the Bitbucket web, in the "source" tab, it shows those folders like this:

I think the problem could be related to the fact that the "Python" folder has been a repository itself before. I'm not sure.
How can I fix this?
Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2014

Check if the Python folder contains a .git folder and if yes - remove it and try to commit again

Gabriel Barreras Sanz April 22, 2014

It worked, thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events