Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firewall rules required to access BitBucket

Alex Dess January 8, 2013

Hi

We're trying to use a locally hosted instance of Bamboo with BitBucket. When I attempt to configure Bamboo to connect to BitBucket & load a list of repositories I get this error:

Failed to load data from Bitbucket.[500 Server Error]

We have opened up HTTP & HTTPS from the Bamboo server to bitbucket.org. Other than that the Bamboo server does not have any access to the internet. I believe it still has something to do with our firewall rules because I installed Bamboo on a PC at home and configured it the same as the one at work and it was able to connect to BitBucket with no problems.

I’ve searched for specification on what firewall rules are required but I’ve not been able to find anything. Is someone able to assist?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
CharlesA January 9, 2013

Hi Alex,

A http 500 error would indicate your Bamboo instance can access bitbucket.org. Please email support@bitbucket.org and provide some more information, such as the repository involved, and we might be able to look up the internal error.

Also, to answer your original question -- at a minimum you should open ports 80 and 443 to the bitbucket.org and api.bitbucket.org IP addresses. Those can change, but currently this is accurate:

bitbucket.org has address 207.223.240.181
bitbucket.org has address 207.223.240.182
api.bitbucket.org has address 207.223.240.184
And if your builds use SSH you'll need to allow egress to port 22.
Regards,
Charles
Alex Dess January 9, 2013

Thanks Charles.

Deepak Behera June 13, 2014

Hi Charles,

Currently I am also facing the same problem though I have opened port 80,443 in bamboo server to allow bitbucket. Also I have added the below host names and IP in host key file as the bamboo is running in windows servrer.

bitbucket.orghas address 207.223.240.181
bitbucket.orghas address 207.223.240.182
api.bitbucket.orghas address 207.223.240.184
can you please help what might be the problem.
I have valid account in bitbucket with three empty repositories now.
Thanks
Deepak

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events