Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter commits by date using APIs throws exception

Samuele Salvatico December 19, 2022

Hi!

I'm trying to use the file history API to get data related to commits specific to a file.

My request is:

https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/works/repo/filehistory/master/file.txt?fields=values.commit.date&pagelen=1&q=commit.date%3E%3D2022-12-15T10:17:15.000Z

I used this as a reference: Docs 

But the API is returning this error: 

{
"type":"error",
"error":
{
"message":"Field \"commit.date\" does not support filtering"
}
}

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 28, 2022

Hello @Samuele Salvatico ,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Currently, the List commits that modified a file endpoint of Bitbucket Cloud API does not support filtering by the commit.date field. I understand that by the time I write this message there's an example in the api reference filtering by the commit.date, but this is not currently available and I already informed the team to fix that specific example in the API documentation.

Also, I went ahead and created a feature request to implement the ability to filter by commit.date in that particular endpoint, which you can access using the following link : 

I would suggest you to add your vote there, since this helps both developers and product managers to understand the interest. Also, make sure you add yourself as a watcher in case you want to receive first-hand updates from that ticket. Please note that all features are implemented with this policy in mind.

Thank you, @Samuele Salvatico .

Patrik S

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events