Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing Git repo on same server

Stephen Batty November 9, 2020

Hi.

I have installed bitbucket server on my existing server that host our git repo and jenkins. 

Our git repo is located at /home/git/myrepo.git

How do I import that same repository into bitbucket on the same server ?  I don't want to clone, I just want to point bitbucket to look at that repo.

So to summarize I have on the same box :

/var/atlassian/application-data/bitbucket

/home/git/myrepo.git

And I want bitbucket to read the exsting git data. Our git is current accessed using ssh keys

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2020

Hi Stephen,

You'll need to follow the instructions described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/importing-code-from-an-existing-project-776640909.html#Importingcodefromanexistingproject-Importcodeusingtheterminal

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Stephen Batty November 11, 2020

That is just pushing code to a new repository ?  

There is no way to use an existing repository ?  I am trying to avoid having to get all my team to push to a new repo.

Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2020

Hi Stephen,

No, if you want Bitbucket Server to host a repository you will have create one in Bitbucket Server and push the contents of the existing repository to it.

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Stephen Batty November 11, 2020

Ok. Thanks for the help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events