Execute Git Commands from Bamboo Hangs

Deleted user October 15, 2014

I have the following script. It runs fine locally.  I am using ssh not https and I have set up my repo as using ssh on Bamboo, loading the same private key file I am using with my system git (I also tried using the ppk file source tree uses). As soon as I run from bamboo the script is called but the push hangs; nothing happens. I had a git fetch in my script before and that hangs too. Any thoughts? 

@echo off
echo Starting Git Merge
set currentBranch=
cd /d %USERPROFILE%\bamboo-home\xml-data\build-dir\TEST-TP3-JOB1\Heart Test Labs
set sshString=git@bitbucket.org:<company>/<project>.git
git remote set-url origin %sshString%
git checkout master
git status
git checkout release/v2.0.0.0
git merge master
echo merge master finished
echo starting push
git push origin release/v2.0.0.0:release/v2.0.0.0
echo push finished
exit %ERRORLEVEL%

2 answers

0 votes
Ron Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2014

Gregory -

I'm assuming you're running this as a Bamboo script task.  So have you defined an build agent for this to run as?

Since there's no way to set that under the script task, one option is to create a prior task (some arbitrary echo line) that specifies the agent.

Your assumption is correct. Also, I will have to check about the Build Agent as I am not in front of that computer right now.

0 votes
Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2014

Check if there is a ssh process waiting to enter a password.

How?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events