Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when using git pull origin master

ABA August 4, 2016

I am trying to move code into a Bitbucket repository.

When I do that in our non-prod environment, it works.

When running the command with correct ids, I get the below error

Bad owner or permissions on /export/home/bamboo/.ssh/config

fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

What can be the error?  What can I ask the admins to look at ( I don't have access to make any changes on the server ) to get this issue fixed?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Frédéric CORNU August 4, 2016

well, the error message is quite self explanatory

.ssh/config file must be owned by your bamboo user and have 0600 mode

I'm sure your sysadmin can fix that real quick

ABA August 4, 2016

Thanks for a quick response.     That is what my search on the error indicated as well - but our solutions architects had a concern that if the current set-up is working for doing pulls from Bitbucket from a bamboo plan when performing builds, why do we need to change it for a command line pull request.   Basically, I was asked to prove why is this needed.  My reasoning behind it is / was - the Bamboo plan uses the mechanism provided by the Atlassian tools to do a pull and may have used a different mechanism that just wrapping the "git pull" command where as the commandline pull command is running in a different manner than the bamboo pull command. 

Can someone help explain / clarify this for me?

Thanks

Frédéric CORNU August 4, 2016

I cannot tell the difference between a clone/pull from a bamboo plan and a clone/pull from commandLine with the user that runs Bamboo server, sorry.

And I find a bit odd to see admins reluctant to close down privs on a file that should never be seen by anyone else than its owner cheeky

ABA August 4, 2016

Thank you.  Can someone else explain this?

And it is not the admin that doesn't want to do it, it is the solutions architect that doesn't want the admin to do it and the admin has to go by what the SA says sad

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events